Robbie Gallant Nature Photography
The facts are simple and scary!! Deforestation is a permanant makeover for the system of life, and once gone, all of the tree planters on earth can't bring it back to it's natural form. I do not believe any sort of conservation is going to save the world, but I do believe it will slowly and constantly change the world for the better. Here are a few things to think about......
What do trees mean to the planet?
One large, healthy tree can:
- lift up to 4000 litres of water from the ground and release it into the air
- absorb as many as 7000 dust particles per litre of air
- absorb 75 per cent of the CO2 produced by the average car
- provide a day’s oxygen for up to four people
Something to think about.....
- about half of the world's tropical forests have been cleared
- forests currently cover about 30 percent of the world’s land mass
- forest loss contributes between 6 percent and 12 percent of annual global carbon dioxide emissions (Nature Geoscience)
- about 36 football fields worth of trees are lost every minute (World Wildlife Fund (WWF))
These are simple facts that can be found anywhere and it is important to me to provide another platform for the sake of the forest.
Explore, Learn and Conserve Wildlife
Robbie P. Gallant
As a naturalist, I spend a great amount of time in personal study. Discussion and research is key to exploring new and intelligent ideas and furthering our understanding of our natural surroundings.